Thursday, November 19, 2009

Network Discovery and Topology Mapping - Ubuntu Forums

Network Discovery and Topology Mapping - Ubuntu Forums: "I'm looking for an application to use to map an industrial ethernet network, and make a graphical network map.

I have tried nmap and it works for me at home but not at work, also it doesn't make graphical topology maps.

I'm looking for something that is easy to use and install under Kubuntu.

So far I have tried, and am not satisfied with or unable to get working

Cacti + weathermap
nessus
cheops
lanmap
AutoScan - gets stuck at update fingerprints
nagios
machinemon
scanrand
netdiscover

So if there is anything in the list that you think I really should be using please say so.

Also if there is anything not in the list that you thing will do the job for me, please tell me.

I have also tried using a few apps via wine, but not good there either.

Any advice at all would be helpful.
Thanks,"

No comments:

Post a Comment