Sunday, September 27, 2009

[all variants] [SOLVED] /etc/crontab doesn't change cron.daily time - Ubuntu Forums

[all variants] [SOLVED] /etc/crontab doesn't change cron.daily time - Ubuntu Forums: "Re: [SOLVED] /etc/crontab doesn't change cron.daily time
Well, I already figured out the problem (well its not really a problem, more me figuring out how cron interacts with anacron). My changes to /etc/crontab were taking effect, but it wouldn't run cron.daily because anacron exists. So I needed to change the time cron calls anacron by changing /etc/cron.d/anacron. Or I could have taken out the test for anacron, but then cron.daily would get run by both cron and anacron everyday.

You edit user crontabs with crontab -e, but /etc/crontab you edit directly.

Thanks for the help."

No comments:

Post a Comment